Friday 17 July 2015

POEM: MAGIC PETALS

Introduction:

This is a short love poem where the persona is conveying his delight after finally finding his soulmate. Please enjoy the poem!


POEM: MAGIC PETALS

There is a dove trapped in my heart,
and a flower blossoming before my eyes.

There is a spark that ignites my night,
and a strong force freezing my tears to ice.

There is a stabbing pain that won't hurt,
and a lovely feeling elevating me to highs.

On mountain tops,
Dancing to the tune of the wind,
Plucked it up, nectar smeared on,
Enslaved my nose to its beautiful scent,
Caged my eyes with its beautiful petals,
Found a rose budding on my bruised heart.


My Poem Classics
By Andrew Mwalasha
17.7.2015

More poetry work coming your way! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...