Sunday 17 April 2016

"IF I HAD YOU TONIGHT"

"I made a little hole under my heart,
that my emotions would escape,
down my arm, to the tip of my pen.
As it took a walk down the paper,
it left behind footsteps.
Footsteps that would try to serve justice,
to what my speech-denied, mute heart,
has always struggled to convey.

Cherry lips, angel eyes. A soul wrapping skin.
Soothing voice, with the sweetness of a lifetime.
You love, can make hell freeze in a heartbeat.

All day, I paint your images with brushes,
brushes of love-filled complements.
It's an offspring of the dear missing of you.
If I had you in my arms tonight,
I would rub my nose against yours, and kiss you!"

"If I Had You Tonight"
Drew Poetry
~Andy Mwalasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...