Saturday 28 May 2016

"MEMORY LANE"

I close my eyes more often,
The texture of rich darkness,
Softly rubs against my eyelids,
That feeling absorbs me so deep,
Deep down to a place I truly heart,
A lane I love taking my walks on,
"Memory lane, in Memory town",
Where I meet the boy that I once was,
The innocence in his little wide eyes,
The hopes and the dreams he has,  
Admiring him, I want him back,
He waves at me, I smile back, 
Little guy, don't ever grow up,
Life is lethal and poisonous,
For your clean, little soul,
The world will poison it!
But, it was far too late!

Memory Lane
Drew Poetry
~Andy Mwalasha





No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...