Monday 13 February 2017

"THE ENDING PIECE; LIFE IS A GIFT, PERHAPS NOT TO US, BUT TO OTHERS."



...Years later, I still preserve a lesson I learnt from the old man. "Every life on earth serves a purpose, a worthy one. Sometimes you don’t live for yourself, but for others. Once it is fulfilled, there is no loss in losing it. Where is the loss in a job well done, even without a promised wage? Is there any loss in a good deed? What moulds happiness better out of a man’s life than that? 

"Perhaps life is a gift that we are supposed to pass to others. Perhaps it isn’t supposed to be ours. We call 'life' ours yet we can't control it or where it takes us. Do we really own it? The world is a ball of glued together pieces of misery, and so could be life."

  • Taken from an ending of a story I am working on:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...