Saturday 5 December 2015

"CRITICS"

I'll swallow my lemons and spit the seeds at your face,
"I'll play a role in your life", No! Give back my space!,
Probably tripped and fell, didn't consider the loose lace, 
Well life's a tough race, not everyone gets the first place.

I'll swallow my lemons, won't spit the seeds at your face,
I did it previously and you always considered it a disgrace,
It's not all about the strides, sometimes it's about the pace,
After all, life may not always be a race, it could be a chase.

Won't touch my lemons at all, well I'll just stare at your face,
Oh, never noticed, your face looks like an empty flower vase,
Supplied critics watering mine, yours grew so gross from ace,
Free yourself from those spikes, critics are a self-hitting mace.

Poetry collection
"Critics"
~Andy Mwalasha
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...